It's a New Year and the time for fresh goals and approaches when it comes to branding, marketing, and DEI efforts. Integrating arts into corporate strategies can help foster a positive company culture, attract customers, and showcase a commitment to inclusivity.
Studies show that the arts is a top priority for corporate leaders, as a 2017 study from the Conference Board and Americans for the Arts, “Business Contributions to the Arts,” found that 54 percent of the corporate leaders responding said the arts improve the quality of life in a community. Almost half, 49 percent, said the arts create a vibrant community and society.
Overall, arts-based events can play a significant role in supporting a company's branding, marketing, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts, and here are a few examples:
1. Enhancing Brand Identity: Arts-based events offer unique and creative opportunities to showcase a company's brand identity and values. Through visual arts, performances, or interactive experiences, a company can convey its mission, vision, and personality in a memorable and emotional way. Art has the power to connect with people on a deeper level, helping to build stronger brand associations.
2. Differentiation and Storytelling: Arts can be used as a storytelling medium to highlight a company's history, achievements, and the people behind it. Creative events like art installations, theater productions, or poetry slams can effectively communicate the company's unique story and differentiate it from competitors.
3. Community Engagement: Arts events can bring people together and foster a sense of community. Engaging with the local arts community and hosting arts-related initiatives can demonstrate a company's commitment to supporting the arts and the local community. This involvement can lead to positive word-of-mouth and enhance the company's reputation.
4. Marketing Campaigns and Content Creation: Arts-based events provide excellent content for marketing campaigns and social media. Engaging visuals and compelling stories from these events can be captured and shared on various platforms, attracting attention and expanding the company's reach.
5. Attracting Diverse Audiences: By embracing various forms of art, companies can create events that appeal to a broader and more diverse audience. This inclusivity can help attract customers and clients from different backgrounds and demographics, enhancing the company's market presence.
6. Promoting DEI Initiatives: Arts-based events can be used as platforms to showcase diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Companies can collaborate with artists from diverse backgrounds, feature artwork that represents various cultures, and use events to educate and raise awareness about relevant DEI topics.
7. Employee Engagement and Morale: Incorporating arts into company events can boost employee morale and engagement. Creative activities, such as art workshops or team-building events centered around art, can foster a positive work environment and encourage creativity and innovation among employees.
8. CSR and Philanthropic Initiatives: Arts events can also tie into a company's corporate social responsibility (CSR) and philanthropic initiatives. Sponsoring art exhibitions, supporting local artists, or contributing to arts-based community projects can demonstrate a commitment to giving back to society.
9. Brand Partnerships: Collaborating with artists or arts organizations for events can create valuable brand partnerships. These partnerships can lead to cross-promotion opportunities, increasing the company's visibility and credibility.
10. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): Encouraging and supporting arts-related Employee Resource Groups within the company can foster a sense of belonging among employees with shared interests in the arts and promote diversity and creativity within the organization.
Arts-based events offer a powerful platform for companies to strengthen their brand, engage with customers and employees, demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contribute positively to society. By integrating arts into their strategies, companies can create memorable and impactful experiences that resonate with their stakeholders and enhance their overall reputation.
Want to get started with upgrading your brand?
Book a BrandTherapy session. We find ways for you to better connect with your workforce, stakeholders, and community through strategic partnerships and creating new arts-based initiatives. These sessions help you gain clarity in the direction of your brand and also identifies any blind spots you might have. We look at key concepts such as who is your direct audience and how does your message relate to them? Does your brand feel authentic and stand out? Will it keep people coming back? How can I integrate more creativity and engage artist partners?
Curious if Brandtherapy is a good fit for you? Schedule a call and find out.